12 inch Compact Sealing Clamps
IK Subsea delivered 15x 12-inch Sealing Clamps with a temporary installation frame and custom made buoyancy units.
The Compact Sealing Clamps work by direct sealing/patching onto the pin hole/crack. This is a signature method for IK Subsea and is very efficient with respect to dimensions and weights of the clamp and the equipment.
Since the installation of clamps was performed on a vertical riser and there was a wide arrangement of clamps to be installed, additional equipment including a lifting frame, positioning clamp and buoyancy was designed & delivered.
By the end of the project, 15 identical Compact Sealing Clamps were delivered and installed by the ROV on the leaking locations.
Scope of work for IK Engineering
- Design of 12in Compact Sealing Clamp and Positioning Clamp
- Design of installation frame
- Design of buoyancy units
- FEA analysis and design report
- Project documentation work
- Bids collection and production coordination for Compact Sealing Clamps (15 pcs.)
- Production follow up, reporting and quality control
117 – 593 m
appro. 270 kg
Our friendly team would love to hear from you.